Sunday, September 14, 2008

God, Zucchini and the plenty!

In July I begin giving out tomatoes to my non-gardening friends. In July they love God's generosity to me. By mid-August I'm slinking onto their porches and unloading several zucchini along with their 'maters. Our neck of the woods frowns upon throwing good food away so I'm not really being kind...I just can only eat so much zucchini. I don't even grow it. My father grows it. He feels its paternal right to unload as much onto me as he can. I feel that if people want my garden tomatoes then its only right that they assume some of the "zucchini" load. I become aproximately 14 in age with my Dad. When he hands me the zucchini and tells me what great gifts zucchini bread will make at Christmas. All I have to do is grate it and freeze it. I simply smile and thank him. My devious little mind has already began mapping the homes I will visit that very evening to begin the unload process. So if you stopped by because your on my map of friends enjoy these zucchini recipes and feel free to visit the other links to great recipe sites. If you kinda fell into this feel free to leave my your snail mail and I'll include you on my map!
Bona-Petite!

No comments:

Post a Comment