Friday, September 21, 2012

I love my dog!


Lady
Eyes that are expressive and so loving
they speak a thousand words,
And  she melts our hearts within
because she truly became a part of our world!
Her is love forever faithful
how can one be without
Such loyalty and devotion
and the nudging from that snout?
For a house is not a home unless
one pauses to see it
through the eyes of she who lives
and loves unconditionally.
   I love my dog. She's a Heinz 57.  She's loveable, personable and devoted.  My Dad was impressed that after 5 kids and countless pets I finally have someone that listens to me. I walk her, feed her, play with her and bathe her. It sounds like a typical owner/dog relationship. It would appear that she's my dog. I did pick her out at the pound and pay for her.
This is obviously a ruse. She has simply been stringing me along all these years. Until recently I have always left my home before the boys in the morning. They would usually put her in her crate when they'd leave the house. I usually left her out. I was always joyously greeted.
Tony now leaves the house first. Lady wags her tail and stands while he pets her good bye every morning. She then returns to me until Alex gets ready to leave. Again she stands wagging her tail and Alex pets her good bye. Alex generally talks to her a bit before he leaves.
This is how I discovered the ruse. Once Alex closes the door Lady then stands sadly, her head drops, the tail goes into dejection mode. It breaks my heart to see her looking so pathetic. I could swear that her eyes begin to tear up. She then disappears for a bit. When she returns to the living room she has a piece of Alex's clothing clamped between her teeth. She then drags the clothing onto her spot on the love seat. She curls up on it and waits for Alex's return.
I decided that enough was enough this morning. After Alex left I had a heart to heart with Lady. I explained that it was very degrading to us females to have her head turned by a few sweet words. I explained that she should be happy that she wasn't going into the crate day after day. I then put her blanket on the love seat and placed her on it. I told her that after my shower we'd go for a walk.
 I got my shower and went to find Lady. Her blanket was on the floor and in its place was Alex's pajama top. I maybe Lady's owner but her heart most assuredly belongs to Alex!

Pathetic isnt it?

I know that cookies are a no-no for dogs but I suspect that Alex shares his chocolate chip cookies with her.  Find the Original Toll House recipe at this link: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTL%C3%89-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment