Thursday, September 20, 2012

Technology, Grades, and Doggy Biscuits

Modern technology is wonderful! The school does a blanket phone message to all parents that interim reports are coming home. I then text the boys that I expect interim reports to come home They text back excuses for the interim reports. All this occurred in a space of 5 minutes or so. I almost feel sorry for them. I at least had a 50/50 chance of getting the mail before my parents. Hence sometimes they never saw my interim report. Back in the day we only got interims for classes we weren't doing well in. Now every child receives an interim report.
I have five children. They range in age from 15 to 31. I have signed off on alot of interim reports and report cards. I have read a lot of comments. I have read comments that made me feel as if I was raising a future president of the United States to comments that made me wonder if there was any hope at all for the child. My 2 youngest boys are 15 and 16 years old. It's nice that they are still able to surprise me. As I was reading the interim reports my one son was reading over my shoulder and commented, "I didn't know they could write stuff like that." These interims come with standard comments. They are numbered. I wasn't amused to find the comment "Attempts to sleep" on the interim. This comment sadly reflected the amount of effort applied to the grade as well which makes me wonder if there was any attempt at all.

This was a day that cooking favorites for the boys just wasn't an option. So since my dog, Lady always deserves treats.
Doggy Biscuits:
Ingredients:
3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
1/8 cup of bacon grease from bacon
2 cups flour
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 cup water
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325° F
Cook bacon and drain. Save 1/8 cup of bacon grease.In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground flax, wheat bran, and baking powder.Crumble the bacon into the flour mixture.In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg. Then pour in the peanut butter, water, and bacon grease. Use a fork to mix the wet ingredients until completely combined.Make a hole in the dry mix, and pour in the peanut butter mixture.Stir until completely combined.Roll out on wax paper to an 1/2 inch thickness.Lightly grease a cookie sheet.Cut into squares or shapes can be made out of the dough. Place on cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes.Reat until all the dough is used. Allow to set for several hours.
For more recipes visit:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Dog-Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment