Thursday, September 6, 2012

Road trip with Mom...

We started out at 8:20 am. My Mom insisted on driving. I think the fact that she makes the trip to my Aunt and Uncle's home in Irwin, PA in an hour and a half to my 2 hours maybe the reason for her insisting on driving. My 71 years old Mom displayed the reflexes of a 20 year old when a man in a truck pulling a trailer crossed into our lane. She zigged and then she zagged avoiding the concrete divider and his vehicle. I think I was more rattled than she was after the incident. Her only response was to pass him honking her horn and shaking her fist at him...very IMPRESSIVE. If I had been driving we probably would have ended up like smashed flies on a wall. My Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Phil live in Irwin, PA. They are very gracious and have a warm, inviting home. We visited for a bit and then went for lunch. We had lunch at Bella Mimi's Restaurant And Catering in Jeannette, PA. The restaurant offers fine Italian cuisine in a relaxing, clean, and friendly environment. The food was outstanding. I got the chicken devonshire and french fried sweet potatoes. We shared the fries as our dessert after our meal. My Uncle ordered his angel hair spaghetti with an oil and garlic sauce. My Mom changed her order to the same. The spaghetti and meatballs were done to perfection as the empty bowls gave testimony too. My Aunt's salad was colorful and crisp with a light Italian dressing that she enjoyed. My Uncle had to work so he left and generously treated us to lunch. On our way back to my Aunt's home we stopped to visit my Aunt Shirley. She was on her break at work. I sat down beside her and bumped her arm. She jumped and exclaimed, "Sheri". I feel that since she recognized me I obviously have inherited my Mom and Aunt's genes. We dropped my Aunt off at her home anad had an uneventful trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment